Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Happy holidays!

It's that time of the year again.  My wife and I have been getting the house ready for our first Christmas as a married couple.  Exciting!

Between work, home, and side projects I haven't had much time for blogging lately.  I've restarted Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom because it's very dense and I'm still very new to this.  I'm learning a great deal, though.

I've also dusted off my budget software (YNAB) and put myself back on responsible financial track.  Weddings are expensive!

Saving a few quotes from the book that I don't want to forget:

"You don’t trade or invest in markets—you trade or invest according to your beliefs about the markets."

"To accept both the positive and the negative, you need to find that special place inside of you in which you can just be. From that vantage point, wins and losses are equally a part of trading."

"Good traders usually make money on less than half their trades. If you can’t accept losses, then you are not likely to want to get out of a position when you know you are wrong."

"Most successful conservative investors are contrarians. They do what everyone else is afraid to do. They buy when everyone else is afraid, and they sell when everyone else is greedy. They have patience and are willing to wait for the right opportunity. This also requires internal control."

No comments:

Post a Comment